Thursday 28 May 2020

Eggplant & Tomato with Penne

Quarantine supper tonite... Live from NYC...
Many of us, myself included, tend to post photos of our successes when we are proud of what we have created in our kitchens.

Tonite I want to post my dinner from last night... which by all measurements was a complete flop.  The homemade sauce, diced eggplant... plenty of delicious herbs and spices... slow simmered in juice left from twenty diced fresh tomatoes used the day prior, tasted wonderful.   However when it was served with the al dente penne,  I realized that I failed to reduce it sufficiently.... the juices separated from the eggplant leaving the dish with a watery residue that never managed to adhere to the pasta.  I probably should have used the tomato juice itself to cook the penne... afterthoughts are almost always 20/20...

We ate it anyway, of course, but it was a disappointment.  The hubs added Tabasco to his but when I asked he said dinner was meh...

I felt it was important to post it anyway... letting us see the failures makes the successes all that more enjoyable.

Tonite was leftovers from our earlier chicken leg supper with a side of dumplings from the Chinese takeout this past week... food shopping day and all...

Hoping your supper was delicious 😋
How was your day?  And what's on your plate?

No comments:

Post a Comment