Monday 18 May 2020

Chicken Spinach Cheddar Pie

Quarantine supper tonite... live from NYC...
Chicken, spinach, cheddar pie tonite made with leftover chicken from last nights thighs...
Opened a package of biscuits and used them for the bottom crust...
Had 1  1/2 biscuits leftover and thus a lattice was born...
Made an emergency wine run to the liquor store today... luckily it was nearing dinner hour and there was only one other customer there to make a purchase...
The owner and I are acquaintances from my myriad of shopping trips (you know, just to pick up a quick bottle of wine for supper... hahaha)
I was horrified when the other shopper began to berate the owner at the counter (not sure why she lost her cool)... I could hear her at the opposite end of the store as she was getting louder and louder... then I heard the owner tell her he was risking his life to stay open so she could buy her liquor... it was getting intense so I decided to act... I approached the front of the store and from about 15' away loudly said, "Excuse me.." they both stopped and looked over at me and I said to the woman, "Excuse me, may I please ask him a quick question?"  She said, "Oh sure, sorry". I then asked a question about a wine I like and by the time he answered me and turned back to her the whole argument had blown over and they were busy apologizing to one another...
I was so glad I was able to help diffuse a situation that might have become ugly and give the owner a break in the middle of a crisis where he is trying his best to service customers and at the same time risking his own safety to do so...
This is such a stressful time for us all... going out to purchase supplies has become a tension producing experience instead of the fun it used to be... we all need to display patience and kindness during this crisis and not let our anxiety get the better of us...
Do your part... be especially kind and patient... and don't forget to say, "Thank you" to all those folks doing what they can to make our lives work...
How was your day today... and what's on your plate ? (Photos appreciated and welcomed)

No comments:

Post a Comment