Monday 29 June 2020

Almond Olive Oil Raspberry Cake Fiasco

Quarantine supper tonite...  Live from NYC...
Today was frustration day... apparently AT&T had a cell tower malfunction right near our home and so for most of Sunday and all of today we had no cell service.  Normally that wouldn't be an issue, however Mom has 'the button' (you know the button... 'I've fallen and I can't get up').

If she has a fall the company calls my cell right after they call 911.  If I don't answer they call our son next... so today, with no cell service (thank goodness texting worked due to wifi) our son had to alert me via text if he got 'the call'. Fortunately nothing happened...

As a side, I couldn't call clients for our weekly meetings...  some of them don't have access to video chat and rely on good old fashioned telephone calls.  Thanks AT&T   ~sarcasm intended~

I thought I would make a delicious Almond Olive Oil Raspberry Cake to accompany our supper.  Tried a new recipe and it poured out of the cake pan and onto the sheet tray (thank goodness it was under the cake pan) overflowing like a river of batter.  I gasped watching through the glass door of the oven.  After it finished baking and cooling I cut off the overflow & took the cake out of the pan...  the overflowed batter tasted like a light airy cookie...  very tasty...  the cake was light and airy as well...  it was supposed to be more dense.  I reread the recipe to make sure I didn't mess up but it was exactly correct.  Anyone have an idea what happened?

The hubs had a similar day... instead of only working three days (Monday, Wednesday & Friday) this week he is scheduled for four days excluding Friday.  He was frustrated... he wants to help our son with his upstairs renovation and now might be delayed.... ugh

After our mutually dissatisfying days it was time for comfort food... cheesy turkey meatloaf with a big crisp salad and our first harvest of snap peas warmed just a tad... no seasoning except the freshness of the garden... and of course a slice of the ugliest Almond Olive Oil cake ever made πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜…
Are the planets all in retrograde or something for all of 2020?  Yikes!!

The WHO declared today that the pandemic is ramping up all over the world as we pass the awful milestone of 500,000 deaths worldwide... 25% of them right here in America.  Governor Cuomo has delayed the reopening of Phase  3....  Please stay safe everyone... masks on and wash those hands! πŸ’ž
How was your day? (Better than mine I hope) What's on your plate? Thoughts?


No comments:

Post a Comment