Wednesday 12 August 2020

Turkey Kefta, Cucumber Onion Salad, Chili Lime Corn & Lemon Mousse

Quarantine supper tonite...  Live from NYC...
And so it begins...  the house painters arrived this morning at 8AM with their ladders and scrapers and their pressure washer to assail our home from the exterior...  so they can seal it up again.  After the scraping and pressure washing it now looks like a hovel...  large areas of raw wood exposed...  gaps with no stain on the cedar shakes...  our home looks sad and dilapidated.   This step is (as the painter explained to me) necessary to remove all the dirt, mold and grime so the new stain and paint will adhere...

For those of you who read my posts you are aware that I am a night owl...  8AM is not a cheery time for me...  so today I was a bit off until about noon when my body finally said... “ok, you can wake up now...  coffee time”

Following appointments it was time to hustle into the kitchen for some well deserved play time...  supervising painting crews isn’t usually my strong suit...

Supper was a melange of dishes created out of the necessity to use up items left languishing in the fridge...  cucumber onion salad made with a yogurt sour cream dill sauce perched atop ground turkey Kefta (forgot the photo...  we were hungry 😂)  with grilled chili lime corn and fresh mango slices...  the hubs enjoyed his lemon mousse (which wasn’t firm enough last night before he was off to bed) with vanilla coffee...

I saw a piece today that explained my feelings about school re-openings perfectly...  I am the daughter of two teachers...  my DIL’s Mom ( a close friend) is a retired teacher...  many of our friends & family are teachers...

“We are asking one of the most underpaid educated groups of people in the nation to go back into their classrooms during a pandemic while we are releasing convicts so they won’t get COVID”
How was your day?  What’s on your plate?  Thoughts?




No comments:

Post a Comment