Sunday 6 December 2020

Gingerbread Houses and Naughty Cats

 Quarantine activities of the day...   Live from NYC... 

This one’s for you Manuela Roth!  I have been watching you making your gorgeous gingerbread houses for a while now.  Today I said to the hubs...  if she wasn’t in Australia I would order one...  but it’s too far!  


So today I decided to make one...  in your honor Manuela!  It will be only one (not 30) and it won’t be anywhere near as pretty as yours...  but it will be here in NYC...  and that will be enough!  BTW...  my arms ache from rolling out this dough... it is tough stuff...  you must have the arms of a wrestler by now! 


Just as I finished the last of the four walls Mr Sam decided he was curious about what these gigantic cookies were... he took his little paw...  hooked his claws into the edge of the cooling mat...  and crashed them all to the floor...  luckily only two pieces broke and I had enough dough left to make replacements...  lucky for him or we would have had them made out of CAT!  

I now have them drying on the dining room table away from curious claws! 


He is now hiding in the basement...  doesn’t like getting scolded one bit!  And didn’t get any of the gingerbread to eat either!  Naughty boy! 

How was your day?   What on your plate?   Thoughts?


No comments:

Post a Comment