Wednesday 9 September 2020

Farro, Red Beans, Great Northern Beans, Thyme and Homemade Chicken stock

 Quarantine supper tonite...  Live from NYC...

Feeling the humidity today...  the air moist and warm...  a southerly breeze barely moving the mosquitos as they nip my calves... 💥smack💥 a little blood oozes out of the tiny hole that pregnant female just bit in my leg as she drinks her last drop (did you know that only pregnant female mosquitos bite?  They need our blood to reproduce...  ick)


The muggy weather is increasing the mosquito population by 200% in the garden and greenhouse...  but I persevere through the nips... smacking them as I go...  they seem to love my lower legs...  but I love my tomatoes and cucumbers more...  watering, feeding and caring for the plants...  no longer just babies...  admiring their growth...  a bumblebee has discovered the greenhouse and has been busy pollinating...  I am thrilled...  the greenhouse is my happy place 😄 


Tonite’s supper was another attempt at a meatless meal.  Farro, red beans, & great northern beans simmered in homemade chicken stock, thyme and wine.  The hubs had his steak last night and reluctantly agreed that tonite was my turn to have a supper I love...  it turned out delicious...  the hubs eating two bowls of beans and farro and nodding in agreement that the flavors were very good.   Needless to say I was pleased...  


NYC will be reopening restaurants at 25% capacity at the end of the month.  Although I am glad for the local restaurants... they desperately need the business...  I am concerned for our covid stats...  other states that reopened saw surges in their cases just weeks after reopening.   I am hoping that NYC does not duplicate those results...  finger crossed 🤞 


Keeping abreast of the Cameron Peak fire in Colorado and the multitude of fires in the west is saddening.   Our friends in Colorado saw snow these past two days but are unsure if this will help contain the blaze in the longer run...  we are very concerned...  meanwhile California & Oregon are burning...  fire  is terrifying...  hoping for a change in the weather pattern and rain for all concerned 💞😷

How was your day?   What’s on your plate?   Thoughts?




No comments:

Post a Comment