Monday 14 September 2020

Empañadas, Pork Chops, Applesauce and Shishito Peppers

 Quarantine activities tonite...   Live from NYC...

Family...  food...  and a well controlled fire...  on our deck tonight feeling the first stirrings of Autumn...  temperatures dropped into the lower 60’s as the sun set...  the chill palpable giving us a reason to don long pants, socks, shoes and sweatshirts for the first time in over four months.  


Danicha  and Eduardo brought delicious empañadas which we gobbled up hot and savory with just the right poke of heat.  Grilled pork chops with ginger and za-tar was the perfect foil for the homemade applesauce and apple crisp made last night from my 20 pound apple score at the market.  Roasted cauliflower and grilled shishito peppers along with a lovely Pinot Noir rounded out the meal.  


The sun fell and the temperature plummeted...  we lit a fire in the hubs new fire pit and enjoyed the crackling flames as we chatted and laughed regaling one another with hilarious stories of verbal blunders while trying to spit out words.  


Today after digging toad stools from the lawn the hubs needs to put his shovel away in the garage...  as I came into the kitchen off the deck I said... “ I’ll open the garage so you can put your squirrel away”...  laughing I said...  “What just came out of my mouth?”  The hubs shrugged, chuckled and said... “Okay, I’ll go put my squirrel away now”...   brain spasms for sure.

How was your day?   What on your plate?   Thoughts?





No comments:

Post a Comment