Wednesday 21 October 2020

Winterizing the Greenhouse, Leftover Paella & Pork Tenderloin and Penzey’s Spices

 Quarantine supper tonite...   Live from NYC...  

Warm air skimming across the arms...  out on the deck... crunching across acorn debris...  temperature high enough to take plants out of the greenhouse...  give it a hosing down...  move it to the top deck... it’s winter home.  Untangling tomato stems heavy with fruit...  a few drop off...  quickly rescued to a bowl for ripening...  removing old unproductive vines...   grow bags lined up at the deck edge...  the hubs finally home from work...  lifts the greenhouse up from the center walking it onto the upper deck (holding my breath) sliding across the newly waterproofed boards (they’re slippery) into place.  Applause!!  It’s done!!


The benches pressure washed...  stripped clean of debris and unwanted guests...  back in place...  tomato plants in first...   they’re tallest...  then the rest...  one by one...  until voilà...  it’s finished...  thrilled to have this last bit of winterizing complete! 


My order arrived from Penzey’s...  the nose knows as the box is unpacked and the heady scent of French thyme, ground rosemary, marjoram and others perfume the air (can’t help myself - have to open and sniff each one... am I the only one who does this???) they have also sent me an ‘I Will Vote’ banner (on my front door) a pin (Embrace Hope) a Hug coin...  and a bunch of free seasonings to try...  I’m psyched! 


Hungry after all that labor, the kitchen beckons...  leftovers on the menu...  seared pork tenderloin from Monday’s supper...  vegetable paella and jicama slaw from Tuesday’s supper and a few roasted peppers and onions found in the fridge...  a glass of Sauvignon Blanc smooths out the day nicely.


Tomorrow night is the last debate...  what’s on the menu?  Debate food?

I think I’ll have Valium with a vodka chaser...   wondering who gets to push that MUTE button...  can it be me???? 


Just a few days remaining to cast your ballot...  VOTE!!

How was your day?   What’s on your plate?   Thoughts?





No comments:

Post a Comment